Customized and Personalized Coaching

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Swim anyone?

I've been busy. Well, not any busier than usual. More like distracted, I guess. I took a break from structured training and just went with what I felt like last week. Mark and I spent a long weekend at his folk's lodge. Saturday was beautiful and warm...a nice reprieve from the rain that has been plaguing us yet again.

It was nice....but then I got antsy and started to feel lazy. So....I had to go for a little swim. And when I say little, I mean little. The water was so bloody cold that my feet
literally were burning from the cold.
Nuts. I can't end on that note. So...I tried again the next day. The difference being that I swam in the ocean and not in a snow fed, near freezing, appendage numbing mountain lake.
It was pretty damn fun. My pooch joined me for part of the way and Mark and his sister played safety officers in their kayaks.

I know it's drilled into our heads time and time again how beneficial it is to swim in the open water whenever the opportunity presents itself, so why in the hell don't we do it? It's brilliant.
That's the good news. The bad news is I haven't seen the sun since it's appearance on Saturday. And for the second time in a few short weeks:

... A new precipitation record set...

Yesterday we set a new record for precipitation.
A total of 2.70 inches of rain fell, surpassing
the old record of 1.36 inches set back in 1945.

Oh well...weekend forecast sounds promising.
Making it happen...
Bree

2 comments:

  1. You Are The TOUGHEST woman I know. Holy crap! nice job taking the cold plunge. Those Polar Bear Club wussies got nothing on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wetsuit in July!
    That first picture is breathtaking, it is so beautiful there!!

    ReplyDelete