Customized and Personalized Coaching

Thursday, July 12, 2007

The Time is Near

It's done. I am leaving for Fairbanks in a matter of hours and will tackle my first half iron distance race on Saturday. Nothing I can change about my training at this point. No regrets. No should have. No if onlys. When you reached this point in your training schedule, although the doubt may try to creep in, you really have no choice but to be confident in the foundation you have laid in the weeks and months leading up to your event.
Am I nervous? Of course! Anyone who claims not to be nervous on race day is full of shit. I'm a bundle of nerves now. The key, I think, is to use those nerves to your advantage and turn them into race day energy rather than worries or negative thoughts. My nervous energy just means I am ready to go. And yet there are still voices. Yes, I hear them and I promptly tell them to kiss my ass. I've worked hard. I am ready. I will finish with a smile on my face.
See you on the flip side!
Making it happen....
Bree

3 comments:

  1. Deep breath in...exhale slowly...KICK SOME ASS!!!!!!
    NAIL IT!

    GOOD LUCK1

    ReplyDelete
  2. GO GO GO GO GO GO GO


    ROCK ON!!!!!!!!! good luck and have fun.

    DRewhbend

    ReplyDelete