Customized and Personalized Coaching

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Predicted Mile

One of the various crab fest race type events is the predicted mile.  To win the predicted mile you must be the closest at predicting how long it takes you to run a mile. This is one race where you don't have to be fast to win, just good at knowing your pace. 
I've never run a one mile trial before, but I thought I'd give it a go. I was waaaaaaaaaay off, but in the right direction. I predicted 8:06 and ran 7:36. How can I possibly be disappointed about that? My friend, Jennifer ran it in 6:33. That girl be fast! She guessed 6:30, so was 3 seconds off.  But she didn't win. Some dude was within 2 seconds. Still, Jen "won" in my book because she had the fastest mile on the day. Wish some of her speed would rub off on me when we are hanging out. 
I'll report on the rest of Crab Fest events in the coming days. Feeling a bit under the weather. I've been out running a nasty bug that has been making the rounds and it seems it may have finally caught up with me. At least it waiting until after the races. 


No comments:

Post a Comment