Customized and Personalized Coaching

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Encouragement

Wow. You are all amazing. I was just whining during my last post, kind of feeling sorry for myself. Blowing off steam, you know? Anyway, I cannot believe the words of encouragement I received from all of you....people who don't even know me. Thank you.

The tips about working out on the boat are great. I already have some resistance tubing, so I will be sure to take those along. During one of my trips last year, I was able to convince the skipper to take me to shore for a couple of runs. It was amazing to run along a beach knowing that thing that ran there before me could have been a fox, deer, or even a bear.

My husband is in Anchorage for a week long series of meetings. Like all (or at least most) triathletes, I am Type A and like my organization. So, when the hubby leaves me to my devices, I usually launch into some massive redecorated or reorganizing project. This week is no exception. Does drilling holes count as cross-training?

I've been noticing a lot of chat lately about the benefits of training at low heart rates. Of course, I've heard it all before. Repeatedly, actually. Since beginning my half IM training, I've really been trying to take these lessons to heart. In order to protect my precious ego, though, I may have to have a t-shirt made up that reads "I'm not usually this slow. I'm improving my lactate threshold." Trouble is, I'm a slow runner to begin with and since I've starting running slower to keep my heart rate down people have actually stopped and asked me if I am hurt. OK, that's not true, but that is how it feels. I would love to be able to afford some real fitness testing, but it's bloody expensive.

Bike tomorrow. I think the roads have cleared enough for me to let the rubber meet the road. Right on!

2 comments:

  1. Oh man! I love that t-shirt idea. Seriously, I think you could market it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blog-land is both encouraging and creepy. I started reading a "blog" in 2005 and thought it was kind of weird, I thought I was being nosy.
    Now I read about 20 blogs, comment to people I don't know, and they do the same back.
    I have also met some bloggers in person, gotten great advice from folks too!

    ReplyDelete