Customized and Personalized Coaching

Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Planning a marathon...and I don't mean running one

I'm still learning the finer points of blogging and posting. If anyone has any suggestions or tips and tricks, I would be most appreciative. Specifically, how do I go about adding a table of my race schedule? How do I reply to users who have left comments? How in the hell do I get people to read my blog?

I was recently asked to join a committee to plan and put on a 5K/Half-Marathon/Marathon race as a fundraiser for the local public radio station, KMXT. I am already feeling overwhelmed by the cause and wonder if this is a bigger undertaking than people are giving it credit for. I welcome the opportunity for another race on Kodiak, though. There is one marathon here, but it is in May which means training through the dead of winter: sub-zero temps, howling winds, and18 hours of darkness. I'd much prefer to train through the summer and this race, which is going to take place in September, would allow for that.

Oh, training so far this week. Yesterday I ran and did a strength workout. So far today I swam for 45 minutes this morning and will go to Yoga after work. My coach only has me logging about 8 hours of training this week. I never thought I would get to a stage in my athletic life when I would say something like "only 8 hours of training." It's bloody brilliant!

It's pissing rain here today. Glad I'm inside and not on the boat.

3 comments:

  1. You might want to check out Jessica's blog; she was the race director for the Twin Peaks 50K this past weekend.
    http://socalrunnergirl.typepad.com/trail/

    You also might want to join the RBF, the running blog family:
    http://completerunning.com/running-blogs/

    And the Tri-Blogger Alliance over on the Iron Kahuna's page:
    http://www.trigeekdreams.com/

    I have been enjoying read your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I found you through IronK - we were inducted on the same day. Yay!

    You probably have more readers than you think; not everyone (whoops!) leaves comments every time they stop.

    Also, to respond to them, click on their name and then on the bottom of their profile, it will give you their blogsite. Comment on theirs!

    I, for one, will be back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What TriTeacher said.

    And if you are using hte 'new' blogger, there is a layout option - i think it says 'customize' and you can add page elements including lists.

    Have fun

    ReplyDelete