Customized and Personalized Coaching

Friday, February 2, 2007

Swimming Through Mud

That's what I felt like in the pool today. Of course it's all relative because I'm a slow swimmer as it is. Still, I don't understand how you can feel like you are absolutely gliding on one day and feel like a tug on the next. Is it fatigue? Bad form? I think I will blame it on water density today. That's as good of an excuse as any, right? The best thing about my swim this morning was that I had the pool all to myself, which happens quite a lot. Score one for living remote.

The good news is it has stopped raining for the first time in over a week. I will run in a lot of conditions. I can generally tolerate rain, snow, ice, or extreme cold. What I hate is wind. Unfortunately, we have more than our fair share here on The Rock. That's why, as much as I hate it, I find myself on the dreadmill quite a bit in the winter. The silver lining is I just got a sweet new set-up that makes me feel like I am running on a Cadillac.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere!

    Mud is a very good description. I usually call it swimming in pea soup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the welcome Wendy. Felt much better in the pool this morning...thankfully!

    ReplyDelete