Customized and Personalized Coaching

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Part I...Drowned Rat

I've been gone for two weeks. That's a long time. Too long. I'm back now and happy.
I will just touch on the highlights of my travels.
First stop was Seattle, where I was a bridesmaid in the wedding of one of my closest friends from high school.


















My parents still live in Seattle and my sister flew over from New York City. I think it was the first time that just the four of us (mom, dad, sis, and me) were together since the two of us married off.
The famdamnly at the wedding. Hey...I'm sporting cleavage, who would have thought.








We enjoyed a nice dinner at Lola, which apparently is a well know and well loved Seattle restaurant.








Next to the wedding, the highlight of the Seattle trip was participating in the St. Paddy's Day Dash through the streets of downtown Seattle in the pouring rain. It was a blast and I was so proud of my family for joining in on the fun.


















By far the best part of race day (next to the euphoria of racing, that is) was the antics of my mom. She is going to kill me for sharing this, but it's a true gem (sorry Mom, you know I love you...please keep me in the will).
First, you must know that my mom woke up extra early on this day to do her hair and makeup. During the course of the 3.5 mile walk, the heaven's opened up and it rained sideways. My mom refused to give up the fight, despite the fact that her umbrella was collapsing all around her.










Sadly, there was but one casualty of this epic battle: my mom.














Alright, this concludes part one of my journey away from home. Stay tuned for part two.
Oh, by the way, how the devil do you get your text and picture to line up and look pretty?

3 comments:

  1. Oh, poor Mom!! You evil, evil daughter to publish that on her. (LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got your family to run. What a funny picture at the end!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are adorable pics of your mom!

    ReplyDelete