Customized and Personalized Coaching

Friday, March 23, 2007

Part II -

For the second half of my adventure, I traveled to San Diego. I had to go to the National Marine Fisheries Laboratory in La Jolla for work/school, but that doesn't really matter.
What matters is that I was able to soak up just a bit of sun before heading back to the snow and 20 degree weather here in Kodiak.
The view from the La Jolla lab is outstanding. And if that wasn't enough, they play ultimate Frisbee during lunch and have chili cook offs!


One afternoon I bought a sandwich and enjoyed it at the beach. My lunch hour even included a bit of entertainment as I watched some guy try to do handstands on the beach....by himself. I will give him one thing...he was definitely persistent.

















The good news for me was I finished up with business early and had one day to play along the coast. I rented a bike and went for a 22 mile ride along highway 101.
This area is so beautiful and had some great hills to climb. Granted I was on a mountain bike, but one hill I tackled took me 18 minutes to reach the top. Wicked. I treated myself that night to cake batter ice cream.




So, San Diego folks are lucky, but I don't think I could take the traffic and high prices. I think for now I will stick with just the high prices. Not to say that I wouldn't mind a bit of warm weather, as this is the image representing this weekend's forecast.




Making it happen,
akbreezo

1 comment:

  1. Luckyyyyyyy. I know that bike route well. I love the hill near Scrips and the Torrey Pines park north of there. looks like the weather improved for you too.

    ReplyDelete