Customized and Personalized Coaching

Friday, June 8, 2007

The "Selection" Process

I'm really trying my hardest not to be disappointed. You see, I had applied for the Trek "Women Who Ride" contest. Yesterday they sent out an email saying that today would be the day that the winners of the contest would receive the news. I did not receive a phone call. I'm bummed and realize it's silly for me to be so. Over 2,000 women applied and I knew going in it was a long shot. But isn't there always a part of you that holds out hope until there is nothing to hold on to anymore? It's 5:30 here, which means it's far later in the day in Trek Land and winners have been notified.
I would have been nice to win, but really it's pretty selfish of me to feel down about it. There are probably hordes of others who are far more deserving than I and I need to just buck up and get over myself.
The good news is, the sun is out and things sound sort of promising for a decent weekend. This excites me even more than usual because I only have a few more long bricks to get in before I start my taper. An interesting brick is scheduled for Sunday...4 hours total with 2 on the bike and 2 on the run. Coach Lisa wants to make a final push to improve my run, so this is what we are doing. So far my June workouts have been much more intense, but less volume which is exactly how it should be at this point.
So, what's on tap for everyone else? Anyone racing? If so, good luck. If not, happy training.
Making it happen...
Bree

3 comments:

  1. Ah, what do they know. You deserve to win. What was the *prize* anyway? I'll bet they didn't select you for fear of you kicking their their collective aces all over the pavement. Keep on with the great training and lay those bricks down and out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry the women who ride contest apparently didn't end with a phone call like you hoped...a girl can dream, right?

    try again next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. at least you signed up and went for the long shot. most people do not even try or put themselves out there/

    ReplyDelete