Customized and Personalized Coaching

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

How I know it's summer...


The season doesn't officially start for me until I can get out on the water and play around with a few old friends. This here is whale #083 and I encountered her on my first field day of the summer feeding season this afternoon. The weather has finally given me reason to smile; blue skies and calm seas. It's still only 50 degrees, but we take what we can get around here.
I've gotten over the Bree Pity Party that resulted from my failure to win the Trek contest. Not that it wouldn't have been nice, but let's not dwell on what might have been. Instead I shall refocus my energy on the Sourdough Half Iron I will be doing in one month from tomorrow! I'm starting to get a bit nervous about the event itself, but am feeling good in my training. My long brick last weekend was a killer and I was a bit worried until I woke up feeling relatively good the next day. One thing I need to spend a bit of time on is race day nutrition. Any tips? I'm thinking on using Hammer Perpetum and sticking to gels on the run. I would love to hear what has worked for y'all in the past.
Just got some brilliant news on the Kodiak Solstix front, but I will need to dedicate some more time to updating with respect to that. Oooooo, that's like a little teaser, isn't it? Stay tuned!
Making it happen,
Bree: who's happy to be on the water again

1 comment:

  1. 083, is that her race number? where are you in that photo? aren't you supposed to be doing an open water swim workout with your friend? "C'mon in, the water's fine"!


    You are so lucky to do things like this.

    ReplyDelete