Customized and Personalized Coaching

Monday, July 2, 2007

Stocking the freezer...or trying to

Saturday we spent the early part of the day fishing with the gill net in an attempt to stock our freezer with salmon. While the day was fun, we only ended up with 6 salmon on the day. Some of us worked hard; Mark picked the net and I drove the skiff.

Apparently Jitney didn't feel it was necessary to lend a hand and opted to nap all afternoon in the sun.
Sunday was my brick day and for the first time in a long time I was able to complete it in the sun. Strangely, I remember thinking that this workout was going to be "short" at 3 hours (2 1/4 hour bike and 45 min. run). It felt great. It was so nice to ride and run under blue sky and to see so many other folks out enjoying the weather. I'm feeling good going into this week and am looking forward to the gradual decline in training volume that is ahead.
My biggest challenge for this week is going to be talking myself into an open water swim or two. My blood is freezing just thinking about it.
Making it happen,
Bree

4 comments:

  1. your the whale rider, you'll be fine. enjoy your swim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is John and I live in Anchorage.

    I see you're doing the Sourdough. Is that your first half? If so, don't sweat it. I did Sourdough last year (my first half) and it's got to be the most relaxed, laid-back half in the country. Be sure to bring a dish for the barbecue after the race.

    The swim is 6 laps around a fairly small course in a gravel pit. Last year we swam clockwise and there were two shallow spots where we had to actually crawl on the bottom for a few feet. The water wasn't all that cold. The bike is mostly pancake flat with a few medium sized hills on one end of the loop. The run course is the same.

    Drop me an email if you have more questions. Otherwise, I'll see you at Sourdough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'd think that two marine biologists would know how to catch fish....

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an awesome day! Great video below, too!

    ReplyDelete