Customized and Personalized Coaching

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Runner's high

My runs this week have been unbelievable. I have had a week of runner's high and it's a beautiful thing. I did a 9 mile tempo run on Thursday that was so fantastic that I came home and told my husband that if I could bottle that run and promise it to anyone who ever tried the sport, the world would be full of runners.
Sunday was a 19 miler, as I continue to build for my marathon. That went well too, especially when compared to last week's long run which I basically dragged my ass through. Funny how things can change so quickly.
This weekend was full of those beautiful fall skies and a crispness in the air. You can hardly get over the beauty and freshness of it all.

Making it happen...
Bree

2 comments:

  1. I don't know that i've ever had the runner's high, but I know that I truly enjoy being out there with nature and breating and feeling so alive. I missed it this weekend (stupid cold!!). I don't understand why EVERYONE isn't out there running.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reminder. I'm still searching for my runners high.

    ReplyDelete