Customized and Personalized Coaching

Monday, September 10, 2007

Yes...more whales


Sorry, but it's my job and when I'm busy doing my job I don't have much time for training so you all are sort of stuck with whale pics.
The second half of August was spent closer to home, but still on the water. I embarked on a tagging adventure. It sounds mad, but I actually attach tags to whales using a crossbow and a suction cup. What? Suction cups aren't meant to be rocketed through the air in a streamline fashion? Well crap. Now I know why it's so damn hard to get those suckers to fly.

It is a long, frustrating process but every once in a while you get lucky. Once attached the tag sends signals back to the boat about how deep the whale is diving. Skookum.
This trip was wrought with difficulties and mishaps and I would prefer not to relive them, so I will share some happy photos.


Raise your hand if you know what whale shit looks like?
Well...you do now!






Just for fun....


Sadly, the field season is winding down. The days are already getting shorter and colder and whale sightings are fewer and farther between. If only I could take a page from their book and head down to Hawaii until next summer.
More soon.
Making it happen....
Bree

2 comments: