Customized and Personalized Coaching

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Working for a living

August was busy. Really, really busy. It is typically the busiest month of the year for me. And this year was no exception.
First stop: The Shumagin Islands....a group of islands a couple hundred miles west of Kodiak. My first foray into whale research began in the Shumagin Islands about 8 years ago, so it will always hold a special place in my heart. The town of Sand Point is at the heart of the Shumagins. It's a town of about 800 that knows nothing but fishing. Typical Alaskan bush lifestyle.









So, I was out there for about a week and was not disappointed. Fin and humpback whales en mass. Nice. Good times and old "friends."



























Of
course, the weather was shit most of the time and we got our teeth kicked in on most days, but that doesn't really matter when you get at least one day like this.










Around the start of this trip, I also started training for my fall marathon in earnest. It's always a bit tedious logging long miles when there is a total of 6 miles of road in the entire town. The Alaskan bush....gotta love it!
More to come soon.
Making it happen...
Bree

1 comment:

  1. Awesome and breathtaking.
    Reading this took me away from the dull and boring office. Just what I needed. Thanks.

    Can't wait for more.

    ReplyDelete