Customized and Personalized Coaching

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Time; Where does it go?

It seems that I don't have enough lately. Time, that is. Juggling a full time job, working on my dissertation, and training for a marathon seem to suck it right up and leave very little for those minor details like spending time with my husband.
Yeah, I know...whine, whine, whine. We are all busy. We all are spread too thin. So what do we sacrifice? What loses in the battle for my attention? I know a lot of folks would think that cutting back on training hours makes the most sense. But I respond..."At what cost?" True, I'm busy and stressed and yes, training does eat a significant chunk of my week, but the joy and release it brings me is not worth setting it aside. Without that long run or early morning swim, my mind would be complete mush instead of the 50% mush that it currently is. That weekly yoga session is worth its weight in gold. So I won't give it up. I'll just have to find something else to cut out...like eating or showering.
And so I know this is how it will be for a while. Hopefully I will finish my dissertation in about a year and one part of my life may resume some sense of normalcy. In the mean time, I am fortunate that my husband is incredibly understanding and supportive...even if he does think I'm a bit crazy. And we make the most of the moments that we do have together. We remind ourselves why we do the things we do and why they are important to us instead of getting caught up in the drudgery of the day to day.

Making it happen...
Bree

1 comment:

  1. Amen sister. You're making really good sense. Your life and your lifestyle are sometimes diffacult to balance but it sounds like you're doing it.
    Thank your husband often.
    And Thanks to you for what you do...making it happen.

    ReplyDelete