Customized and Personalized Coaching

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Tri-Cities Marathon

It wasn't pretty. It wasn't the time I had hoped for. But I started and finished the Tri-Cities Marathon on Sunday. After all the drama surrounding my toe, the biggest issue I had on Sunday was in my quad. The previous Monday, I tweaked my quad while running downhill for the first time since the accident. I was so afraid of ramming my toe into the front of my shoe that I altered my stride enough to injury my quad. How annoying is that. Between the quad and the toe, my confidence was pretty lacking going into the marathon. But, what the hell. I had to race.
I never felt great, but managed to stay on pace until about mile 18 or so. Everything pretty much went to crap after that. Still, all told, I finished in 4:30:09...nearly 15 minutes faster than my NYC time last year (my first marathon), but over 10 minutes slower than my goal. My mom was the lone member of my support crew and she was brilliant. She drove around like a mad woman and saw me 6 times along the course. She was perfect and topped herself by buying me a massage the next day. THANKS MOM!!
And now a few pics. I debated posted the before and after pics of my toe, but decided against it in the end.




Making it happen...
Bree

2 comments:

  1. Way to go! Bummer about the quad but you did really well anyway and it looks the weather was nice. You're lucky to have such a great mom too.

    ReplyDelete