Customized and Personalized Coaching

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Sigh

We have officially entered the post race season, at least in the more northern latitudes. It's depressing. There are literally months until racing will become accessible again. What on earth is a girl to do in the mean time? Oh sure, there will be a Turkey Trot and maybe even a Jingle Bell Run, but somehow it's just not the same.
While in the intense weeks of a training block, I often find myself pining for easier days and the off season. Now I am here and I want out. I'm already looking at the 2008 calendar, trying to figure out what races I can fit in between research cruises, committee meetings, and that nagging little dissertation. It's probably too early to start building for an August Half Ironman, isn't it? Nuts...that's what I was afraid of.

Making it happen,
Bree

2 comments:

  1. I am so with you on this one. It's the 'dark season' so go for the light(s) and just play.
    Head lamp? check.
    Handlebar headlight? check.
    Rear flashing light? check.
    Small back-up flashlight? check.
    Reflective clothing? check.
    Reflector coller on dog? check.

    Be the light.

    Have some fun.

    Or, you could help me mud and tape my drywall?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only if you help me recaulk the shower!

    ReplyDelete