Customized and Personalized Coaching

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Working the system

I have somehow managed to get hired as a life guard at the Coast Guard Base pool. I'm working the morning lap swim shift a couple of days a week. This is perhaps the smartest thing I have done in a long time. Why is this so smart? Well, it turns out the higher ups allow the guards to swim during the lap swim shifts. With very little change to my regular schedule, I now get paid to swim three days a week. Plus, if you count the $2.50 I no longer have to pay to get into the pool, I'm getting myself pretty far ahead.
As if that weren't enough, I now have full Base privileges, which means access to the gym, climbing wall, raquet ball courts, and exchange. Anyone need a new couch or HDTV at government subsidized prices?
The only drawback is that I have to get my lazy ass out of bed at 5:00 and then work a bit later at my regular job. Small price to pay, right?

3 comments:

  1. Whoa, you really stubbled into something good there. Cross-training anyone? anyone?...

    ReplyDelete
  2. how do you watch them and swim at the same time???

    I remember going to the base to the teen center to pick up girls back in the eighties

    ReplyDelete