Customized and Personalized Coaching

Thursday, January 27, 2011

The glory of the recovery week

At first the thought of a rest or recovery week would send me into a panic. I would feel antsy and restless as I cut my training and effort roughly in half for an entire week. But I've grow to appreciate the rest week both for the necessary break it brings my body but also for the extra time it affords me.  What?! An extra three hours on Sunday? The world is my oyster! Last night, a Wednesday, I even went to a movie. A movie! In the middle of the week. By the way, it was True Grit and it was fantastic. I may even see another one. What's stopping me?

Totals for 1/17 - 1/23
Swim: 5100 yards (missed one workout)
Bike: 72.6 miles
Run: 25.1 miles
Conditioning: 1 hour bootcamp
2 roller session with "the stick" and one trigger point session.

No comments:

Post a Comment