Customized and Personalized Coaching

Monday, February 12, 2007

You just never know...

It was windy and trying to decide if it was cold enough to snow or simply rain. Not terribly uncommon for Kodiak in February. I was going completely wimp out and hit the treadmill when my husband surprised me by saying he would like to run with me. It would have to be a freakin' hurricane for me to pass on that opportunity. We took it easy and had a nice chat. We ran a loop that allowed him to head home while I could still go for another 2 miles or so. Brilliant. It was a great run for so many reasons. Running and chatting with my husband, braving the elements when I wanted to hide on the electric belt, hearing my feet crunch on the gravel. I was rewarded on this day. Rewarded for not hiding from the wind and rain. Does it get any better?
I'm so glad I got those miles in on the road. It's all too often that I am forced inside, which brings me to my next topic: A very brief tour of my indoor training options.
The dreadmill....although never preferred, not a bad way to run when I am forced inside.


My Cervelo on his trainer. He prefers the open road, but doesn't complain when I keep him corralled.



A few nights ago we had a beautiful moon rise. This is the view from my deck. If it was light, you would see that we have a view of the water, but if it was light you wouldn't see the moon rise, would you?

4 comments:

  1. Running with the hubby is always nice.

    I'll run outside as long as it is about 20deg or warmer. Colder than that and I tend to wimp out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That moon shot is beautiful. So's the exercise equipment - just in a different sort of way, ya know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always nice to run with the hubby-I don't get much of a chance to do so either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The moon rise shot is outstanding!

    ReplyDelete