Customized and Personalized Coaching

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

A bit of everything

You're not going to believe this, but it's raining! Oh yes. It's true. Today is April 17th and poor Paulo has yet to see asphalt this year. I have a sprint this weekend, so things could be interesting. I am treating it as a "C" race, but, to be perfectly honest, I'm not entirely sure how to do that. Any tips?

The good news is training seems to be going very well. I worked it hard last week. Here is the lowdown:
Swim: 4350 yards
Run: 14.8 miles
Bike: 79.4 miles

I did a monster brick on Sunday, which included a 2hr45min bike followed by a 45 min run. It felt fantastic. Unfortunately, my day off is Friday, which means I haven't been able to give my legs a rest and they were a bit grouchy during my ride this morning.

I am saddened beyond words by the tragedy in Virginia. I can't even wrap my head around the numbers they keep throwing around. If it is possible to find any good in these type of events, it should be to remind us to not take our lives for granted. Be thankful for those you love and the things you love.

On a lighter note, I am getting a new kitten. Any tri related names to suggest? I will try to post pics of the litter soon.

I also have some exciting news to share about Kodiak Solstix, but I will wait until later in the week to share. Always leave them wanting more.

Making it happen,
Bree

1 comment:

  1. YOU ARE SOLID!
    Here's what I know about C’ Races: A Race that is used as training. Takes great discipline to perform a C’ race correctly.
    Use a C’ race to take the place of a Lactate Threshold workout.
    Race with a HR monitor, power meter or at a specific pace to test your fitness.

    Bummer about the weather. I hope it clears for your race. have fun.

    ReplyDelete