Customized and Personalized Coaching

Friday, May 25, 2007

Wanted: Lumber for my Ark

Yes, it's Memorial Day weekend in Kodiak. This means two things:
#1. Crab Festival
#2. Super crappy weather




Crab Festival is an annual event that Kodiakans absolutely live for. It's just a fair, really, but it's loads of fun with parades, races, and a midway. It never fails that Crab Festival weekend is one of the wettest and coldest in May.

Don't believe me? Check this text from the weather service:
"New record 24 hour rainfall total for may 22...
Third wettest May Day on record for Kodiak...
2.70 inches of rain was recorded at the Kodiak Airport yesterday.
This is a new daily rainfall record for may 22... shattering the
old record of 1.37 inches for this date. It also ranks as the third
wettest May Day on record."

Not that I'm complaining. Alright, I am complaining. It's always wet in May, but this May is something special. Actually this whole spring as been something special. April was the wettest on record and May is already 4 inches above normal precipitation. Thus, I am soliciting donations for one of two items: lumber to build an ark for when the flood begins or plane tickets to a warm and dry destination.

Making it happen....despite the rain,
Bree

3 comments:

  1. Ah the water cycle. Some places in drought while Kodiak is soaked. I think you can find basic arc building dimensions in the old testement. converting 'cubits' will be the hard part. Enjoy the festival and crack a crab for me, I love crab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have some crab for me....I also placed a link on my site to encourage you to blog more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As we've been dismantling the kids rooms, I think we've ended up with some extra wood. Not sure what kind of arc you can build with an old desk, but if you're creative, I'm sure you can make use of it. :)

    ReplyDelete